Thursday, October 27, 2011

Weak

I've heard it said a hundred times or more... "Motherhood is not for the weak". This week I have felt WEAK! Since my hopes for this blog space is to document my little families stories, that has to include the good, the bad and the ugly... right?

I've been battling with my will, the will of my children and the selfish desires of my heart this week. Logan is in a phase of telling lies. They aren't huge lies, but they are lies nonetheless and it is driving me crazy. I hate fighting the battles of "did you go to the bathroom?", "did you wash your hands?", "what did you do to your sister and why is she crying?" etc., only to be answered untruthfully. Bedtime has also become so difficult. It is always such a struggle to get him up the stairs and it usually ends up with threat after threat being doled out. My son has the uncanny ability to be happy go lucky one moment and then he becomes a tired, crying, whining mess in the blink of an eye. It's hard to know exactly when it's going to happen and we've started to refer to that phase as "he's turning in to a pumpkin".

I'm still struggling with trying to find a happy balance here at home. I'm trying to figure out how to spend dedicated, quality time with the kids and also make time to clean daily or at least keep the house straight. I feel totally crazed and out of control that my days don't seem to have a rhyme or reason. I often think of other moms who have more kids than I do and they seem to have it all together. Their homes are clean, their kids seem to be appropriately stimulated and loved and they always have their hair done and makeup on. These moms MUST be able to live on no sleep (or be aliens or another life form) and be up before the crack of dawn making their husbands coffee and packing their children's lunches. I, on the other hand feel like a hot mess who, on most days doesn't get out of my pajamas until 2:00, my house is a filthy mess and my children are begging for my undivided attention.

I felt the Lord nudging my heart tonight. He brought the verse to mind 2 Corinthians 12:10 - That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. I can bring my weakness to Him and He will be my strength during these hard days of parenting. After all, He loves my kids even more than I do. They are His!

I do not have all of the answers but I am so thankful to know and have a personal relationship with the One who does.

Thanks for letting me vent!

1 comment:

  1. I can relate!!! and I only have one child! :) ha ha. Just this week her little "strong will" is starting to show in her lack of patience with a toy or something out of reach. oh hum. We usually try to get out once a day whether that is target or the park or somewhere as I feel like she/and I get bored with an all-day-at-home kind of day. I've been leading a mom's group once a week...probably more for selfish reasons (ha ha) to have other mom's interaction, learn from them and have a once a week something to look forward to. Do you guys have a library that does storytime each day? Anyway...yes, I am going to look up the verse because He does delight in making us strong when we are weak and have no more flesh to go on. Stay encouraged. You're not alone...even those moms that seemingly have it all figured out struggle on some level.

    ReplyDelete

I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.

~ Erin McG