Today was one of those days where I spent the morning running around like a crazy person only to come home and feel even more crazy looking around at the mess that is my home. Piles of newspapers, toys all over the floor, food from every meal for the last who knows how many days or weeks dried on the floor, dirty dishes, dirty clothes, dirty diapers, a bag full of fabric waiting to be made in to an Angry Bird for Logan's Halloween costume and oh so much more! I hate feeling like there is no time for anything. I remember when I was working full time before we had kids I always felt like I was never able to give myself fully to either job. If I gave more of my time and energy in the office, my home suffered. If I gave more time and energy in my home, my work suffered. You know the vicious cycle. Now that I am a stay at home mom I feel the same struggle. I want to spend time with my kids but I also want a clean and orderly home. Well today I decided to jump ship. Once Raegan woke up from her nap (which was only a whopping 45 minutes today), the kids and I abandoned the cluttered house and spent the afternoon outside on our play set and taking a walk around the neighborhood taking pictures and collecting leaves. It was great to have the inside of my house out of sight and out of my mind and just enjoy some time in this beautiful, fall weather with my kids. I have come to learn that choosing time with the kids over cleaning is ALWAYS the right choice.
I think they wholeheartedly agree!
I learned today that my little Raegan is quite the dare devil. She went down this slide all by herself probably 30+ times and loved every single trip. She would slide down, Logan or I would catch her and then she would immediately start grunting and kicking her legs to go again.
We trespassed on one of the lawns in the neighborhood to use their fall decorations as our picture backdrop. Love it!
It turned out to be such a wonderful, fun and special afternoon with the kids. The dirt, laundry, unmade costumes, etc. will all be there waiting, but my kids will be up and out of the house before I can blink an eye. While playing outside today Logan told me "I was his favorite". Be still my heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.
~ Erin McG