A week ago yesterday we loaded the kids up the car and went on our annual apple picking trip with my brother, sister in law, niece, nephew, Mom and Dad. It was our third trip up to Carter Mountain Orchard in Charlottesville and we couldn't wait to get there, soak in the views and pick some delicious Fuji apples (My FAVORITE!). It was my parents first time going with us and I was excited for them to see what all of the hub-bub was about.
Logan and his cousin Anthony
We marched up the hill to the Fuji section and picked to our hearts content. Look at those views behind my beautiful family! Gorgeous. I seriously could pack a lawn chair and a sandwich and sit all day just staring at the beauty of God's creation. Part of me really hopes that one day we can move to the mountains. It would be a dream come true to have views like this from some point in my house and maybe some water too off in the distance.
It's hard to believe that last year at this time I had my tiny little baby in a baby Bjorn and she slept and pooped her way through all the apple picking.
Here is my sweet niece Alyssa, Logan and my handsome nephew Anthony. I could only get Logan to be a part of the pictures if I allowed him to make funny faces. The kids had a ton of fun picking the apples and snacking on them. I love that they get to have experiences like this to look forward to throughout the year and that they get to make memories doing it together. I hope that they will always look back on these times fondly.
Cousins

It was a wonderful day and we picked a ton of juicy, sweet apples. We ate our way through a half dozen freshly-baked hot apple cider donuts, road on an underwhelming and uncomfortable hay ride (note to self: save the $9 next year and skip it. Put the money towards a bottle of wine!) and thoroughly enjoyed time with our family. What more can a girl ask for?
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.
~ Erin McG