Friday, October 28, 2011

Creative Procrastination

I mentioned in an earlier post that my little Logan has decided he wants to be the yellow Angry Bird for Halloween. I decided that I could make his costume for WAY cheaper than we could buy online, so in that moment I had signed a check I wasn't sure my rear could cash. Scott bought me a sewing machine for my birthday and I'd been hoping for a project so I could break it out and use it. Let me clarify that I have NO idea what I am doing. I have sewn a few semi-straight lines in years past on my mom's sewing machine and that is it. I don't know what makes me think I can pull this off but I'm jumping in head first. What choice do I have after all? I guess I could be THAT mom at Walmart midnight Sunday night buying whatever costume leftovers they have. But Logan deserves better. So, by golly I'm gonna do my best to give him what he wants.

This past Sunday, Logan and I headed to our nearby Hancock Fabrics store and picked out all of the material and stuffing we needed for the project. Guess what?.... All of the supplies cost a little more than it would have cost just to buy it pre-made. Ugh! I tried and now not only am I out the money but the many hours I know it's gonna take to make this thing.

Well, I don't want to have a bad attitude so I'm lacing up my boot strings and I'm gonna get this thing done by midnight Sunday if it kills me. Tonight I sketched out my pattern and I hope to get my material cut and pinned tomorrow. We're making memories over here folks! Here is the beginning....

Can you even see him? I tried adjusting the lighting in Photoshop but it didn't help. Hopefully you can make out his face at least. It's just a pencil sketch for now. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.

~ Erin McG