Sunday, October 2, 2011

Preschool Open House

Update No. 3. These pictures are from my cell phone, so I apologize for the bad resolution. Logan started preschool for the first time on September 12th. His first day was actually an open house so Scott and I were able to go with him. I was relieved because I knew Logan was nervous and having us there to help get him acclimated was important to both us and him. It was a wonderful morning of introduction to his teacher, classroom, toys, etc. He has 2 good friends in his class so it was great to see some familiar faces. He really got into playing in the classroom kitchen. I think that was his favorite part of the morning.
Here is his cubby. The school does not allow backpacks and asks the parents to supply their child with a tote bag for easy access. Well, my mind immediately started racing about what I could do to personalize a tote bag for Logan. He asked if we could go with a Lightning McQueen theme. I'll post more on this bag later. Logan told Scott the other day that his favorite part of the day was when he first walks in to his classroom and he gets to hang his tote bag in his cubby. :)
At home we don't have a lot of dress up materials so Logan really got in to dressing up. Here he is as a Knight in Shining Armor (above) as well as a Gorilla (below). SO cute!
It was a great morning and Logan said he had lots of fun. He and I put on a puppet show for daddy and he even got to play Micro Machines. Anyone remember those??

Once school got in full swing he wanted me to walk him in instead of dropping him off which was fine with me. He had no problem walking right on in to his class and telling me goodbye. The evening after his first full morning of school he asked me where babies come from. I thought "Oh Lord, it's only day one and he's already asking me these big boy questions". I just answered him with "God gives us babies" and thankfully, that was good enough for him. The first couple of weeks when I would pick him up he greeted me with quite a bad attitude. He refused to talk about his day and I was concerned if it would ever get better. One night while shopping at Kohl's with my mom I ran in to his teacher. I do not think that that was an accident. The Lord sure knows what's on our hearts and I'm so thankful that He brought us together on that night. She was able to calm my worries and told me that Logan was doing really well and was very participatory in class. She said all of the things that I needed to hear.

Now that we are in week number 4, Logan is doing remarkably well. He absolutely loves school and asks me all the time when he gets to go again. When I pick him up now he is so happy and tells me everything he did that day, who he played with and which activity was his favorite. It is such a difference and I'm so thankful that he has found his groove. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.

~ Erin McG