Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Christ's love through my 5 year old

Today was a tough one. I feel like I haven't had a good nights sleep since... well, my birthday I suppose. I was tired and running errands with my 2 kids, which is a recipe for cranky mommy. Just to get to our first errand of the day, Target, took an act of Congress. We purchased the required "popcorn combo" that is necessary in order for me to be able to buy anything that I actually came there for. I had the genius idea to give Raegan her very own Starbucks cup full of popcorn that she could hold all by herself. She has a tendency to scream bloody murder if she thinks you are taking what she refers to as "mwine". My sweet Raegan Marie twice looked me square in the face and turned her VERY full popcorn cup upside down and on to the floor. I believe my head turned in to something out of an old Warner Bros. cartoon. Red face, steam coming from my ears, etc. Logan is so in tune to my emotions and what is going on. He immediately piped in with, "It's okay mommy. Look, I'll give her 1 kernel at a time.". He even helped me clean up Raegan's "offense" from the floor of the shoe department. I fully felt the Lord's presence in that moment as He spoke through my sweet boy. Even in mommy melt-downs at Target the Lord is there. From the fullness of His grace He continues to bless me through the loving acts of my son.

Tonight while the kids were playing together in the family room and I was working in the study, I overheard this conversation between Logan and Raegan.
Side note: Logan's nickname is "Bubby" and Raegan's is "Bwee"

Logan: "Bwee, let me see your face."

Raegan: "Okay Bubby."

Logan: "Bwee, you're beautiful. More beautiful than all the other babies."

Raegan: "Thanks, Bubby."

Seriously! My heart was about to leap from my chest it was so full. It still is as I type this out. God is so good to continually show up on days where I am feeling the most low, most aggravated and most sinful.

4 comments:

  1. So, so sweet. I teared up reading it. What a little love!! Praise the LORD for those special mercies and blessings!! He is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwee better remember how bubby saved her behind! You should print this one out and tell him to save it for a rainy day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to print out all of these blogs to put in a book for the kids to have when they're older. They'll get a kick out of it.

      Delete

I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.

~ Erin McG