Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Breaking up with Avacado

When we first moved in to our house 10 plus years ago I was sold on the idea of painting our family room the perfect shade of sage. I chose Bonsai Tint from Sherwin Williams. In my exuberance I painted the ENTIRE room only to realize it looked like the fake green color you find in mint chocolate chip ice cream. I was horrified. Why it took me the whole paint job to figure it out is still a mystery.
I turned back to my trusty Sherwin Williams color palate and found Softened Green. It was just what I had in mind and lasted 2 whole years, until we were able to purchase furniture of our own choosing. Enter Avacado. It was one of the boldest color choices I had ever made. It was cozy, warm, inviting and just what I had been looking for.
So here we are 8 years later and my taste regarding almost all things decorative is changing. Since we can't afford (and all of our stuff is perfectly fantastic) new furniture, curtains, etc., the cheapest thing to do is going to be re-paint. Ah... 4 colors in 10 years. I must be crazy in the head. I'm also planning to re-hang our curtains so they are more like panels framing the windows and re-hang pictures and make things fresh and more to my our current taste and style.
So stay tuned to find out which paint color we chose and for some before and afters of the whole room. It will take a few weeks.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes. Paint has been purchased. I just now need to actually put it on the wall. I hope to start tomorrow or Wed.

      Delete

I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.

~ Erin McG