Monday, September 3, 2012

The Dog Days Are Over

We are a week in to our first real school experience. I say "we" because it has required as much of a change in my schedule as it has for Logan; for all of us really. I spent the last month in a weird zone of mental preparation for my baby to leave the nest and begin his adventure of structured learning. I went through emotions that ranged from excitement to sad to mourning my baby not being a baby anymore. I wondered how on earth I was going to drive him to school and let him just walk off to his 7 hour school day. Thankfully the Lord ALWAYS knows what I need. He gave me what is called "meet the teacher day". It was a couple days before school actually started. We were able to take Logan in to his school to meet his teacher, drop off his supplies and forms and to allow him the opportunity to get comfortable in his classroom.
 
We unpacked all of his supplies, met his teacher and teacher's assistant and he was able to decorate the tote bag that he will be carrying every day.

We were even able to meet some of his other classmates. There are 19 in total. 6 girls and 13 boys.
We looked in every nook and cranny of the classroom and made ourselves at home. It's a great school with an awesome Kindergarten program. We are blessed to be able to send Logan there and are thankful to the Lord for leading us down this path and for providing the way.
 
I felt at such peace as we left "Meet the Teacher Day". Gone were the sad emotions and in their place was excitement and great anticipation. I knew that this was the best possible place, other than at home, for my growing little boy to learn, be safe and develop to the best of his ability.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Um, I teared up thinking about him leaving the nest... nobody invited ME to meet the teacher day! :-) I'm so excited for him. He is going to love Kindergarten and all the fun activities! Be sure to tell us all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are precious Mandy! Thank you! You don't need an invitation. You are ALWAYS invited.

      Delete

I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.

~ Erin McG