My wonderful spouse found a fun Irish Pub for us to have brunch at. We rarely ever venture to the area known as "Shockhoe Bottom" in our city. It gave us the feeling of being out of town or on vacation since we were in such unfamiliar territory. The restaurant was called Sine (Shin-ay) Irish Pub. We ordered brunch cocktails and entrees with names like "The Notorious P.I.G. omelet".
Mimosa's and Bloody Mary's were necessary for our next activity.
One Word: DELICIOUS!
Me and my anniversary present - Love it!
The next part of our date might come as a surprise to some people. I've been thinking about doing it for years. I just couldn't decide or commit to the design. After giving a lot of thought to what makes me, me and what defines me it hit me. So, what better way to spend our day together sans kids than to get a little ink.
We did our research and settled on River City Tattoo Shop.
First I picked out my font
Then my tattoo artist came out and free-handed this beauty. I was sold.
First line wasn't so bad. I'm thinking, "Hey, I can handle this".
Then things got real. I was trying to find anything to focus on, childbirth style. Nothing was working, so I bowed my head and prayed for my tattoo artist. That the Lord would pursue his heart and that somehow, someway, even through my little tattoo that he might come to know the Lord as his Savior.
So here it is. "Faith". It's my spiritual gift, it defines who I am and what I believe in. Hebrews 11:1 ~ Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Scott and I finished out our date by seeing The Campaign at the movie theater. It was fun to laugh and be carefree for a little while. Then we grabbed some dinner at Cafe Caturra and toasted our wonderful date day. It was fantastic and much needed.
So a big thank you to Gergana for keeping my kids for 8 solid hours and for feeding them, loving on them and making sure they had a fun time. You are the best!
Another big thank you to my wonderful husband for a special, fun and wonderful date. It's one I'll never forget. XOXO.
*****************************************************************************
To remember:
Recently if Raegan asks for another cookie, or another story at bed time and I happen to say "no" she'll say "Awwwwwwwwww MOM! Come on!". She seems too little to be saying things like that :).


No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.
~ Erin McG