Over the weekend I had a chance to do some serious cleaning in our master bedroom. Our room seems to be the catch all for things that don't have a home, the kids paraphernalia, baby clothes that people have returned and that I need to organize and put away, and so much more. I've been having some issues with insomnia for the past few weeks and thought it couldn't hurt to try and make my sleeping environment a little bit more tranquil. So, I got down to business. Giving items a home, re-organizing, cleaning out my closet, vacuuming, dusting and changing bed sheets.
We have decided that 2 kiddos is the perfect number for us, so I'm thinking of having a major consignment type sale sometime in September. Our house is busting at the seems with all things baby and since we desperately need the space it's time for it to go.
As I was organizing our closet I found a bunch of clothes that I've been hanging on to. You know the ones. The jeans I fit in to 8 years ago and swore to myself I'd get in again. The shirts that I loved but are now too tight in the belly. The dress I wore once to a wedding and never fit in to again. I'm tired of living with the constant reminders of my shortcomings so it was time for them to go.
I believe that there is a time and purpose for everything. Right now my time and purpose is in being the best mom and wife I can be. I can't do it all. I think some of it stems from the postpartum depression I've suffered from since having Raegan. That's a post for another day.
I was able to fill 3 huge bags and 1 smaller bag with great stuff for the sale I plan to do in September. It feels so good to cleanse all of this stuff out of my closet and out of my sight. Now my closet and bedroom are clean, organized and most importantly tranquil.
After 13 years of marriage, 2 kids and the same bedding, which had a huge hole in it, we were able to get a new quilt, shams and bed skirt. What a better way to treat myself after a day of cleaning then with fresh, beautiful bedding. It worked out well since Raegan happened to have an accident on our old comforter that morning. I just wrapped it up and took it straight out to the garbage. So here is the new bedding...
Love it!
I have grand plans for new curtains, lighting and a fresh paint color. I painted those stripes 9 years ago and loved them, but now I'm sick of looking at them. That seems to be a running theme for me. *Smile*
If you're looking for a birthday gift idea for me (there are only 8 shopping days left), a Target gift card would be awesome.



No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.
~ Erin McG