Monday, July 30, 2012

Gimme a sign

It's been a stressful few days. Sometimes things start to pile up. Prayers are prayed and I sit back and wait. Wait to hear what the Lord has to say, what He wants us to do or which direction to go in. Often times all I hear is crickets. Hello, Lord? Not to rush you or anything, but I needed an answer like, yesterday. This is what was happening in my mind this past Friday. I'm driving down the road by myself in the car and am half praying out loud and half praying silently. "Show me a sign, God", I said. He's done it before and I am confident He will do it again. In that next moment something pulled my attention far left. I whip my head quickly over my shoulder and before me was this...
I had to text my husband and ask him to take some pictures for me since I had JUST taken the camera out of my purse right before I left the house.

I've seen rainbows before. This one was different. It was more vibrant and almost radiating. It caused me to gasp at it's beauty and intensity. For a moment I completely forgot about what I had just been praying for. The thing that had me in a stew, so much so that I was asking the God of the Universe to give little 'ole me a sign.
I still am not quite sure what the answer to my prayer is, but you can be certain that I know my Heavenly Father was listening to me and was with me as I was crying out to Him while driving down the road that afternoon. I'm so thankful for that and found comfort there.
 The kids taking in God's promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.

~ Erin McG