I immediately got to work researching decorations, invites, balloons and any other way I could make this super special for him. I found an awesome invite on Etsy -
(Sample of the printable invite I ordered)
This gal - Mandy at Scribbles by Park Avenue - was so unbelievably awesome to work with. I would HIGHLY recommend her. I also ordered a printable Super Mario pennant style birthday banner from her and it was amazing. I just lined it with primary colored card stock to help each triangle pop out a little better and hand-tied each one with a royal blue colored ribbon. You will see it pictured below. (I was in no way compensated to leave fabulous comments about Mandy with Scribbles by Park Avenue. I'm just a VERY happy customer who received excellent customer service from her!)I LOVE birthday decorations and really believe that they help make the birthday extra special for whoever is celebrating. I found 32 Super Mario images online and printed them out on 8.5x11 card stock and then printed the mirror image, cut them out, attached some fishing line and hung them from the ceiling along with red and yellow crepe paper and black construction paper chain links. Those were to represent the chain from the "chain chomp" character. I am a glutton for punishment, what can I say? I may or may not have spent a small fortune on ink cartridges.

Family Room Decorations. Forgot to take a picture of the kitchen :(.

The birthday boy on the morning of. He was SO excited to be 5!
My son is not a fan of birthday cake. He may or may not have told his preschool teacher that he was allergic to cupcakes so he didn't have to eat one at a class party. He definitely doesn't get that from me! That lead me to decide not to make him a birthday cake for his bowling party. I went with a Super Mario themed candy "bar". We had about 6 different buckets of candy and each child got to fill a bag full of whatever they wanted. We had stuff like "Bowser's bubble gum", "Luigi's Lifesavers", and "Star Power Skittles" just to name a few. I was also able to find Mario themed balloons on Ebay that I had my local Party City inflate for me.
Bowling Party - You can slightly see the candy "bar" in the back ground.
Some party goers in their shirts (the front) and their mustaches.
Back of the shirt
The Princess of the Party
Miss Raegan wanted in on the action
The big boys wanted their very own Mario t-shirts as well.
Since there was no cake to stick the candle in, we had to get creative. One of the moms gave me the idea to melt the end of the candle and that helped it to adhere to the plate.
Love always and forever, Mommy
~ If you are interested in any of my Mario party ideas and would like an iron on printable or any suggestions for your Mario party feel free to leave a comment with your email address. ~











AHHHHHHHH!!! You are so creative and amazing! I love this whole birthday post -- sooo cute! I'm in awe. What a great birthday for Logan!!
ReplyDelete