Thursday, May 10, 2012

XL Crafting

When I craft it seems I inadvertently follow the motto "Go BIG or Go Home". I've been in to making mesh wreaths lately. I LOVE them. They are so beautiful, fun, festive and BIG! Maybe that's why I like them so much. They aren't shy. They scream "Look at me! I'm gorgeous!". I was in Ben Franklin after Christmas doing a little shopping and I came upon a huge ladybug mesh wreath hanging as a sample on the wall. I signed up for a class that night with grand plans in my mind of making an exact replica. My friend Sarah joined me for the class a few weeks later and we had a lot of fun and came home with something awesome to hang on the front door. I was so proud of myself and wanted to show my husband right away expecting lots of cart wheels, hand claps and squeals (which as a man, I don't think he is capable of doing any of those things but still...) and instead he laughed and said "holy smokes, you can see that thing from outer space". I laughed too because he was right. You can see it from outer space. BUT, I am in love with it nonetheless.


My mom has been dropping hints that she wanted a mesh wreath for mother's day so I went on Pinterest to try and find some inspiration. Our Ben Franklin, which has recently changed to AC Moore, had their grand opening this past Sunday. Mesh fabric was 50% off which is HUGE and they were giving out $10 gift cards. I was first one in line :). I love a good deal. Here is my mom's mother's day gift. Hope she likes it as much as I do. If I thought my lady bug wreath was big, this one tops it by a clear mile.





Happy early Mother's Day to all you wonderful, hard working moms out there. Whether your children or with you or if they are in the arms of their Heavenly Father, I pray you have a wonderful day celebrating the blessings that gave you the privilege of being a mommy in the first place.

2 comments:

  1. I would have never thought of that for a wreath! My friend Gina LOVES ladybugs. I am going to send her this link so she can see your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment! I hope your friend is inspired to make one. It's a ton of fun!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.

~ Erin McG