Friday, April 29, 2011

Crafty crafty

I like to craft but have trouble finding the time to do it. These past couple months I was able to squeeze in a couple fun, creative crafts that I really enjoyed. I got the idea for the first one from a blog I came across. http://lifelovelarson.blogspot.com/2011/03/diy-moss-letter-wreath.html I thought it really looked like something I would enjoy making and actually use. It was very inexpensive to make and I thought the final product was beautiful. I've already made a couple as gifts so don't be surprised if you receive one of these from me for some occasion in the future :). The next craft (I really should say craftS) I made was for my sisters baby shower. I wanted to give the guests a favor that would be pretty, but also useful. Nothing bothers me more than giving or receiving something that ends up in a junk drawer or thrown away. It's such a waste of money. I had planned to play a few games at the shower and knew that the guests would need something to write with. I thought it would be perfect to make the pens their favor. Not only did the pens serve a great purpose but they also turned out to be a beautiful center piece before I passed them out to be used. Most everyone really seemed to like them. I have some left that I may just end up putting on my etsy shop.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE both crafts...send me the link to your etsy shop. I just opened one...it only has 3 items in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were inspired! I just love my moss letter too!

    ~Andrea
    www.lifelovelarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.

~ Erin McG