5 years ago I was in tears on this night. It had been 2 years since we had started trying to conceive and I was all but convinced we were never going to be blessed with a little one of our own. My heart had a physical ache and was beyond saddened by that prospect. It was a time in our lives that I will never, ever forget.
I am so thankful that my Heavenly Father had different plans for us. Even though I felt forgotten, unheard and almost forsaken, He was still at work in us and in our circumstances.
After 2 years and 4 very long months we found out we were expecting. WOW! It is a night I will never forget. Being a mother to Logan and Raegan has been such an amazing experience. To get to be pregnant, give birth and hold my precious God-given baby is the best gift of my life and the answer to my greatest prayers.
I know that Mother's Day is the day to honor our Mothers, be honored for being a mother and to share in a wonderful day with our families. I, however, already feel so blessed just for being given the awesome opportunity and privilege of getting to mother and train up these 2 precious lives. God is SO good!
Having this opportunity is not lost on me at all. My heart still grieves with and for the women still out there fighting the battle of infertility. Those whose arms are still empty, whose hearts ache and whose spare bedrooms go unfilled. I will never, ever forget that time of my life and I pray that the Lord will bring each and every one of you the precious bundle He has for you in His own perfect timing. May you all feel His peace on this day that might bring such sadness for you. Know you are not alone!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.
~ Erin McG