Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Wow, there is so much to be thankful for this week amidst all the chaos. For starters we are doing a kitchen renovation!! Not the whole thing mind you, but new counter tops, sink, faucet, stove and a "nused" dishwasher. Oh my, I am SO excited!! We are also demo-ing our back splash that has fruit on it which as mocked me for years. I hate that back splash. It causes me eye pain just to look at it. Anyway, Scott started removing the tiles last night. Can I get a Hallelujah?!

Another huge blessing is that my parents are moving 2 miles away from me. They put their home on the market, got a contract on it after about 4 weeks, put a contract on a home here, had it accepted and now have a settlement date of May 17th!! My mom is one of my closest friends and I love doing projects with my dad so I am SUPER excited about having them so close by!

Little Raegan has been sick all week with a terrible cold. She's been coughing and so congested. I took her in to the doctor to make sure she was okay and thankfully it hasn't turned in to anything else other than just a cold. I'm also thankful that she's been sleeping really well through it all.

Today we received a fun surprise in the mail. My new brother in law, Michael sent us a fun Easter treat. Cake Pops! I've never had them before and they were all decorated to look like Easter eggs. That was so unbelievably sweet and thoughtful of him to do! Thank you Michael! They are super delish.

I mentioned earlier in the post that we are installing a "nused" dishwasher. I am very thankful to have found a fantastic, used dishwasher on Craigslist for an awesome price. We are switching from cream/black appliances to all black. I can't wait to see how it will all come together. I'll post before and after pics when it's all done.

What are you thankful for this week?

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, HALLELUJAH to the destruction of the backsplash! I laughed out loud -- you are a trooper, for sure! I hope your new kitchen is as beautiful as you, sweet Erin :) Can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete

I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.

~ Erin McG