Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day Gifts

I've been thinking tonight about how funny it is that what we, as mothers want as gifts change so much with each passing year. If you would have asked me 3 years ago what I wanted as a mother's day present I would have said... a locket so I can put my precious baby's picture inside. So what did I get that year... a beautiful locket that I treasure. As the years roll by my requests are becoming more practical in nature.

This years gift request was for my filthy minivan to be cleaned and detailed. I was so sick of looking at the 372 goldfish lying on the van floor, as well as the dog hair that would fly around any time the windows were rolled down. My wonderful husband and son got up early and took my van out and had it beautifully cleaned all for little ole me. It smells like soap and I love it. The carpets and seats were shampooed, the dash was wiped down with precision and they got in to every little nook and cranny and dug out all of the disgusting smashed up grain bar. They even removed the car seat so they could do a complete job. It's FABULOUS!!

Getting to be Logan's mommy is the best, most wonderful gift of all, but my clean minivan is running a close second :).

Thanks Honey!

1 comment:

  1. I understand Erin!! I asked for a new BBQ grill this year....and got it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.

~ Erin McG