Logan, I hope you treasure this painting. Mommy had so much fun doing it for you and you were pretty excited to see it when it was all done. I hope this verse brings you peace and sweet dreams! ~ Mommy
Monday, May 24, 2010
Channeling my inner Picasso
About a year ago my mom commissioned one of her elderly friends, who happens to be a painter, to paint Logan an 8x10 baseball themed painting. This lady did such a tremedous job and I was thrilled with how it turned out. Along the same time frame one of my friends had posted Psalm 4:8 as their status on facebook. Psalm 4:8 says "I will lie down and sleep in peace for you, O Lord make me dwell in safety". I thought "what a comforting verse that would be to see before someone falls asleep". It made me remember how growing up I had the poem "Now I lay me down to sleep I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take" hanging up in my room. I also remembered how I was never very fond of that poem and didn't find it comforting at all. So sparked the idea to make my own painting for Logan's room and incorporate Psalm 4:8. I went out and bought canvas, paints, paint brushes, frames, etc. My artsy sister in law Amanda came along and helped me pick out the appropriate stuff and gave me the idea to do a continuation of the painting my mom's friend did and then incorporate the verse on that. I was very intimidated at the thought of trying to paint something that would look even a tenth as good as the one my moms artist friend did. I was so intimidated that I let my bag of supplies sit in my closet for over 8 months. Well recently, with the thought that another baby is going to be here before we know it, I felt challenged to tackle this project. On a whim the other day I pulled out my supplies while Logan was napping and got to work. Surprisingly I found it pretty easy to continue on with the idea from the other painting and only found that my paint colors were just a little off from the original. That didn't bother me so much as I was tickled to be so pleased with how the whole picture was coming together. This past Sunday I finished up with the verse and got both of the canvases framed. I wasn't all that thrilled with how the verse looks on the painting but I thought "good enough" and hung everything up on the wall. Here are some pics. The painting on the left, with the baseball player was done by my moms friend Betty Bolinger and of course, as you can tell, mine is on the right.



Logan, I hope you treasure this painting. Mommy had so much fun doing it for you and you were pretty excited to see it when it was all done. I hope this verse brings you peace and sweet dreams! ~ Mommy
Logan, I hope you treasure this painting. Mommy had so much fun doing it for you and you were pretty excited to see it when it was all done. I hope this verse brings you peace and sweet dreams! ~ Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.
~ Erin McG