Thursday, July 9, 2009
Lesson # 2 of parenting a toddler
Shower at your own risk. This past Monday I had decided to hop in the shower while Logan played upstairs. I have done this numerous days in the past and Logan would either read/look at books in his room or play with toys in my closet. Well, since he has turned 2 my sweet, baby boys has turned a bit mischievious. I wasn't in the shower for more than 15 seconds and I heard a loud noise. I yelled out "Logan"!!! He came running in the bathroom screaming. I looked out of the shower curtain (I had no contacts in mind you) to see blood on his forehead. I quickly turned the shower off and hopped out. He had already run out of the bathroom by this point. I first found him face down on the dog bed (bloody spot #1), then he got up and ran in to his room where he used his face as a leverage point to climb up in to his gliding rocker (HUGE bloody spot #2). Let me just say here that I have no idea why my child runs from me when he has an injury. I was able to grab him at this point and assess the situation. My best guess is that he fell on the corner of a dresser and busted his forehead. It was only about a 1/4 inch vertical cut but it was "open" and bleeding. I decided to call the doctor to see what they thought I should do and they recommended taking him to the ER. I called Scott and he came home to take us. Thankfully he didn't need any stitches but they did decide to glue it shut. He was so brave and thanked each person who did anything to him. Since this incident I have now been taking my showers at night. It's actually worked out really well and we've been able to get our days going a whole lot quicker without me having to get ready. I am so thankful to the Lord that it wasn't worse than what it was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks, Erin, for the blogspot "farewell"...hee hee, that was cute! It is very surreal that we are leaving tomorrow, it feels like we are just on vacation up here with my fam. :) We wish you well this year too and hope to keep up with you via facebook and blog when I have internet service...I don't know how consistent my electricity will be and/or internet for that matter! Thanks for the prayers...XOXO
ReplyDelete