Monday, September 3, 2012

Kindergarten Begins

The night before Logan's first day of school I had laid out his uniform to help him navigate a little better the following morning. I came in to tuck him in to bed and scratch his back like I normally do. I found him fully dressed in his uniform over top of his pajamas. To say he is "ready" is an understatement. We had a good laugh and then I ordered him to take them off or they would get wrinkly. We prayed together for his next day and thankfully he drifted right off to sleep.

We woke up before the first crack of dawns light, I immediately begin to pack the first lunch of thousands, Scott took a shower and got Logan up and running. A week prior I had put together a check list for Logan to help get him ready and keep him on task in the morning. I made a picture chart for him to follow and check off his tasks after they had been performed. He was so excited about it. I took it to Kinkos and had it laminated. We taped it to his door and I gave him a marker that wipes away.
It has been a great tool to get him up, ready and out the door for school. If you are interested in having your own copy feel free to leave a comment with your email address and I'll send you a pdf that you can print and laminate for your own use.
 
He ate a great breakfast and then we all loaded up in the van and set out to drop him off for his first day of Kindergarten.
He is so handsome in his uniform. I love it!
 
We pulled up to the school and waited in the carpool line. They asked that parents not get out of the car and to proceed through the line, drop the kids off and say our goodbyes. Thankfully, "Meet the Teacher Day" helped me to be ready to rip off the proverbial band aid.
He hopped out of the car with his tote bag, another parent helping with carpool grabbed his lunch for him....
One last goodbye....

Off he went and never looked back. Awesome!
 
I spent the day in constant prayer for him while watching the clock. I missed him so much but knew it would get easier with time. Raegan and I left to pick him up early and I'm so glad we did. As we pulled in to the parking lot and got in the carpool line we happened to be right near the playground. Logan's class was outside for their final recess of the day and I was able to sit and watch him have fun and enjoy himself with his classmates and it brought such joy to my heart.
 
As we were driving home he let me know what a great day he had and how much he loved Kindergarten. Praise the Lord! I could not have imagined a better start to Logan's school career than this. God is so good to have ordained this day and this plan for my precious boy.
 
He had a wonderful week and has made friends with a couple other boys in his class. Week 2... bring it on!
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Yay!!! What an awesome day. So happy it went well. those pictures are so great and will look lovely in the scrapbook. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all your comments tonight. Thank you. A photo album will have to do. I may be crafty but I'm not much of a scrapbooker.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad he is having a great time in kindergarten! You all have been in my prayers this past week. I hope the rest of the school year goes just a well. I might need one of those charts to get myself out the door most days :) what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah for all your prayers! They were greatly felt! I'd be happy to make you a chart :).

      Delete
  3. I was sitting in my office while I read this and it brought tears to my eyes -- what a crazy blessed life we're living... my friend from Faith Christian School sent her first-born son to his first day of school today :)

    Amazing. Beautiful. Thank you for posting -- I loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are crazy blessed! God is good! I still hope to see you one of these days my long lost friend.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Lovely family. Thank God for His Grace on you, you are so intelligent and i'm inspired.
    http://princekennedysworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.

~ Erin McG