Okay, so back to reality...
My heart and mind have been in conflict most of the past almost 5 years of being a mother. I know and want to give my kids loads of love and attention, but a lot of times that means my house stays dirty, I don't want to invite people over for fear of embarrassment and my ironing pile is bigger than my clean/ironed pile. I don't like that feeling. Where I'm giving most of myself in one area, none of myself in others and I feel like a complete failure in it all. I have been feeling the Lord speaking to my heart lately. He's been prodding me to do what brings Glory and Honor to HIM and that is loving and spending time with the children He so graciously blessed me with. The children that I prayed, cried and begged for. I felt Him saying that if I did what He was asking that He would bless me in providing time for me to take care of the other things that matter to me. So, now my focus has changed.
What do I want to be famous for now...? Being the absolute best mother that I can be and that my children will grow up never, ever doubting my unconditional love for them because they are so important and special to me. And hopefully the amount of time and energy that I am giving to them now will allow that to be possible. That is what I want to be famous for.
Love: A Variation On A Theme
By Joan Merrell
If I live in a house of spotless beauty with everything in it's place, but have not love, I am a housekeeper - not a homemaker.
If I have time for washing, polishing and decorative achievement, but have not love, my children will learn cleanliness - not godliness.
Love leaves the dust in search of a child's laugh... Love picks up the child before it picks up the toys... Love reprimands, reproves and is responsive...
Love holds the key that opens salvation's message to a child's heart.
Before I became a mother, I took glory in my house of perfection. Now I glory in God's perfection of my child. As a mother, there is much I must teach my child, but the greatest of these is LOVE.
Raegan spotting her very first caterpillar. She squealed with delight.


No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.
~ Erin McG