Friday, March 11, 2011

Someone PLEASE tell me

I would really appreciate it for you moms out there of 2 or more children to please tell me how on earth you get ANYTHING done during the day. It's an absolute miracle from up above if I get the dishwasher unloaded and loaded or maybe even 1 or 2 loads of laundry done. My house hasn't been cleaned or my husbands clothes ironed since January. Soak that in for a second. January!!!! Each day I start with a new resolve that 'Today is the day' I'm actually going to get some cleaning done and it never happens. Between having to nurse my 5 1/2 month old, feed my 3 1/2 year old, wipe his rear end after he goes to the potty and maybe get a shower in, I get nothing else done. I make To Do lists and as soon as I go to make a move to do any of it my 3 1/2 year old is asking me to play with him or the baby is wanting to be held. There is hope, isn't there?? L refuses to play by himself, even if I try to set him up with an activity. I feel like I'm at my wits end. Want to see what a real house looks like on the inside...


And this is just the mess of the kitchen. Dare me to take an up close picture of my floor??

6 comments:

  1. Sorry Erin.... this is life with little kids :) However, now mine are big and they are a HUGE HUGE help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so sorry...that is how my house looks too! :) and I only have one.. just an idea...is there a mother's morning out program nearby for L to join in on? i don't know if that would help, I'm new at all this too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin I have zero wisdom for you. My house stays trashed. It takes hours to clean and two minutes for Gabe to trash. The moral of this story is that none of your mom friends judge you :). We actually love your honesty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin - I understand. I'm just now to the point where I can get most of the house cleaned..but give the older two boys a minute and a half when they get home and it's trashed again.
    My mom bought me a plaque that said: My house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy. I choose to live by that motto now!
    One day we'll miss stepping on hotwheels and legos and the mess that comes with little sticky fingers! Embrace your new "decor" and ejoy those babies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Christy! I want my blog to be one of honesty about mothering and just trying to do the best job that I can in all areas. Sometimes it doesn't look pretty but it is what it is. I'm no super hero :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remember the song, "this house is a good mess, it's the proof of life...I'll get to the laundry, I don't know when..." You are not alone!!! It is true, most of us have houses like this, except on rare days. http://www.aholyexperience.com/2011/03/what-happy-homemakers-know/
    I think you will like this post if you haven't read it yet.
    saying a prayer for you as I pray for myself. Asking God for wisdom for us to know what is the most needful thing to do next...with love, friend!

    ReplyDelete

I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.

~ Erin McG