Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Guilty Pleasure

I love sweets in the morning. Truthfully, I'm a sweet-aholic and I love sweets at any time of the day or night. After R was born last September I enjoyed donuts and pastries to go along with my coffee for breakfast in the mornings. Then the holidays hit and my mother made us pan upon pan of her fantastic cinnamon buns. I got rather used to having something to quench my sweet tooth. After all of these fabulous goodies stopped flowing freely in my household I became panicked. I had a wonderfully, brewed cup of coffee just sitting there waiting for something delicious to be paired with it. I started to fling the cabinets open like a crack addict looking for a fix in search of something, anything sweet to dip, dunk and devour. I looked on the top shelf and eureka.... double stuff Oreos. I yanked them off of the shelf and had the most BRILLIANT idea. I thought to myself "self, you LOVE all things mocha... how about dipping that divine chocolate cookie in to your creamy mug of coffee!?!!". In that moment my new favorite guilty pleasure was born. Coffee dipped Oreo cookies.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I started reading this thinking it was going to end with you having some kind of nutritional epiphany and how you now snack regularly on carrots and tofu and don't miss sugar at all.

    Soooo... glad I was wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me!! I would eat the whole case of Oreos if they were in my pantry. Man, I feel like lately I am constantly on a battle to fight the sweet tooth...I just never win.

    ReplyDelete

I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.

~ Erin McG