Thursday, March 8, 2012

Impromtu

I LOVE impromtu days! They are good for the soul. Well, my soul at least.  Today started out with meeting up with my family at a property that my sister and her family are buying. Have I mentioned that a wonderful truck-load of my family are moving to my city? If you had asked me a year ago if my parents, aunt, uncle, sister, brother in law, 2 nephews and my niece would be within a 10 mile radius from my home within the year, I would have told you you were crazy and that it was an absolute improbablitiy. God sure had different plans.

Anywho, I got to meet the snuggliest and most handsome addition to our family this morning.
Isn't he just absolutely precious? It made my day to kiss his cheeks and feed him his bottle. I love the thought of getting to watch him and his big brother grow up. Get here soon Joshua; before you grow out of this precious, squishy, infant stage.

After taking in my sisters new palace, we lunched at Panera and then invited my sister in law and her 2 fun kiddos over for a spur of the moment play date.  I usually plan play dates out carefully so I can make sure my house has been vacuumed, dishes washed or at least put in to the dishwasher and the house in some semblence of order.  How free it was to just say "Come on over!", knowing full well my house was a hot mess, but not having the time to fret and worry over every speck of dirt on the kitchen floor. Spending time with those we love is SO much more important. Our play date turned in to a fun shopping trip for hair supplies, which then turned in to eating dinner out together. My brother joined us and we got to eat for FREE. Does a day get any better than that? I don't think so.

I saw an awesome and fun OPI nail polish on Pinterest a few weeks ago and have been dreaming of owning it ever since. 

Source: google.com via Erin on Pinterest

While at the professional beauty supply store this afternoon I decided to see if they had it.  Since my mommy brain couldn't remember the exact name of the color, I picked one that I thought looked close. It's called Road House Blues by OPI. I'm SO excited to put it on. Hopefully tomorrow.
It's pretty close, don'tchya think?

Photo courtesy of: http://lauraslacquers.blogspot.com/2011/08/opi-roadhouse-blues.html




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.

~ Erin McG