Austin and I have shared a special relationship throughout his 15 years of life on this earth, as has he and Scott. I loved spending time with him as he was growing up, whether it was playing hide and seek, going to the pumpkin patch, giving him piggy back rides while I whinnied through the house with him giggling on my back or reading him books to help him fall asleep at night. He has always been so dear to my heart.
Last summer Austin moved to Texas to live with his dad. Given that we have always lived about 2 hours away from each other, I didn't know how much it would affect me to have him so far away or how much I would miss him.
Austin came for a visit this weekend as he is on spring break from school. He was only here for the day as he will be travelling up to spend the rest of his time with his mom, brothers and sister. It has been a wonderful day of catching up, playing games and just being together. As I left him tonight I was overcome with emotion of how much I miss him. I wish he wasn't so far away and that we could see him more regularly and that he could be a part of our lives as well as our kids lives.
I've always found it amazing how babies and kids just seem to know who their family is no matter how much time has past. Logan and Raegan both took right to their cousin and gave him lots of love and hugs.
Raegan giving Austin some sweet hugs
Austin and Logan
Raegan thought Austin was pretty great. She spent most of her time with him flirting.
Me and Raegan with Aus. Get a load of Raegan's pose. She is a ham!
Austin, I don't even know if you read this blog but just in case. You are dearly and deeply loved and missed. You will ALWAYS have a home here and are welcome anytime! Please, please come back soon. You are growing in to quite a wonderful and handsome young man. We are here for you no matter what. Don't forget it.
All my love,
Aunt Erin




No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.
~ Erin McG