Saturday, January 3, 2009
Our First Date Day in a Loooong Time
Last Thursday (New Year's Eve) my parents came in to town. Scott has been talking about wanting to go on a date so I asked my parents if they would be willing to watch Logan for us. We made a plan to make it a "Date Day" so we would still be home in time to kiss Logan and tuck him in to bed. We started out our date at the movies and saw "Yes Man" with Jim Carey. I haven't seen a movie since I was in my 8th month of pregnancy with Logan, so this was a real treat. We got popcorn, soda and candy and had fun munching away while we watched the movie. It was really good and funny and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Afterwards we still had a couple hours before dinner so we thought we would do something fun. We attempted to go bowling but they had closed all the lanes to prepare for some New Years Eve shindig they were throwing so we ended up at the ice skating rink. Not many people know how much I love to roller skate and ice skate. I don't get to do it very often but it is something that makes me very happy. I had such a blast skating around the rink. Scott tried his best to keep up with me :) but he HATES to ice skate. After 4 turns around the rink he sat the rest of the time out and just watched. When I was all done he met me with a steaming cup of hot chocolate. Yum! I had SO much fun. After that we went and did a little shopping at the mall, had yummy cheeseburgers at Chili's and did some more browsing at the bookstore. When we got home our poor little Logan burst in to tears. He had missed us so much! My mom said he kept walking from room to room saying "Mommy.... Daddy...". Scott and I had such a nice time together and I hope we get the chance to do it again soon and more regularly. Thanks for the great date honey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you guys got some time out by yourself! :) I bet it is kinda strange but nice at the same time to go watch a movie and out to dinner without another one in tow!
ReplyDeleteI know he missed his mama though...you guys are great parents!
ReplyDeleteWonderful -- don't you love how married dates are so different from single dates? No way in heck you would've accepted skating alone as a great date if you were single. How great to be married and be able to enjoy the things you love by yourself knowing that your husband will sit out and watch and let you have a great time.
ReplyDelete