I know I'm about a month and a half behind in my blogging but here is update no. 1. More to come, I promise. So I turned 33 on the 16th of August. It was such a great birthday. My husband always works so hard to make sure I feel special and loved. This year was no exception. He took a half day off of work so that my mom and I could go and get a pedicure using the spa gift card I had received for Christmas last year. Hey, when you're nursing a baby it's hard to know exactly when the best time of day it would be to be gone for Lord knows how long with your feet being pampered. Raegan's nursing had severely decreased since she eats 3 full meals as well as snacks, so getting away for a couple hours was no longer an issue. When I got home my sister, 2 of my handsome nephews and my sweet little niece were at my house as well as my brother and a plethora of fabulous gifts. My good friend H and her sweet little girl also stopped by to bring me a wonderful present and wish me a happy birthday. To say that I am blessed would be an understatement.
Per my request my husband ordered me Frostings cupcakes. Double Chocolate, Salted Caramel and Red Velvet with cream cheese frosting. They were DELICIOUS!! I may or may not have eaten 5 or 6 all by myself.
We went out to the Olive Garden for dinner and pigged out. We like to live it up on our birthdays in my family. Yum!
The best gifts this girl could ask for! I love my family!!
This year I asked my husband to get me a sewing machine as well as a piece of typography art that I have had my eye on in a shop on Etsy. It has Jeremiah 29:11 on it and it just amazing. I've always wanted to learn how to sew and make fun things as well as save a little money here and there making Halloween costumes or curtains. He came through with both gifts and I was super excited to receive them. I still have yet to break out the sewing machine and teach myself how to use it but soon... very soon. Logan has asked to be an Angry Bird for Halloween so I am convinced I'm going to make his costume. I'll definitely blog about that adventure when I get around to it. Last but not least my husband surprised me with a beautiful sterling silver ring with pink sapphires. I couldn't believe it! What girl doesn't love a little bling on her birthday? What can I say... He's the best!! Happy Birthday to me!
What a wonderful birthday!! And you look BEAUTIFUL -- as does your sweet family :) Very excited to hear how the sewing project goes. I really want a sewing machine, too, so if you love yours, I might have to get the name and model!
ReplyDelete