Friday, December 5, 2008

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree... How Lovely Are Thy Branches

First let me give testimony to the fact that God is SO good!! After posting my last blog about my sister I got a call from a lady who makes beautiful homemade angel ornaments. (I used to work with her husband at the architectural firm.) I've purchased many of them over the years and called her to ask about buying some for my sister. She said that she would not hear of my buying any and that I could have as many as I wanted. She even offered to cover a small tree in them. Praise the Lord!! What a wonderful symbol to give my sister that the Lord is watching over her and her family with His guardian angels.

So here is the McGinnis 2008 Christmas tree. It only took me 10 hours to decorate. I guess that's the way life is now that we have a toddler in the house. I tried my best to put the non-breakable ornaments on the lower third of the tree. So far Logan has enjoyed looking at and touching the ornaments and has yet to pull one of the tree. Thankfully he's a really good listener.


6 comments:

  1. I LOVE it....so pretty! I still need to take a pic of mine...I rushed in putting things up (I've been so busy lately and exhausted) and wished I would have taken more time.

    Great job, Erin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks beautiful!!! GREAT JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look great Erin and that couch was meant to sit next to a pretty Christmas tree -- way to be Martha Stewart (without the felony, that is).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey, your tree is beautiful!!
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like your new header pic...so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love, love, love for you to leave your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.

~ Erin McG